ТThis review is a critical part of the laser correction process - it can be said that the diagnostics is half the laser treatment. Therefore, your visit to our eye specialist will continue for about 2 hours.
Following the assessment review the eye specialist would have documented the last tiny detail relevant to your vision, so we would know that you are (or are not) suitable candidate for laser vision correction. Based on the results of the review, as well as your individual needs related to your daily activities and lifestyle, the eye specialist performing the examination will determine the most appropriate laser correction method. For the final conclusion to be made, you need to go through at least 10 eye examinations, namely:
- - refractometry
- - keratometry
- - tonometry
- - biomicroscopy
- - examination of visual acuity with phoropter
- - pachymetry
- - accommodative function examination
- - anterior optical coherence tomography (3D eye scanner)
- - posterior optical coherence tomography (3D eye scanner)
- - corneal topography
- - B-ultrasound (if necessary)
- - ultrasound biometry (if necessary)
You need to understand that your eyes will be subject to full analysis because with laser correction there is no place for omissions. Utilising the ultramodern equipment in the Burgas Eye Hospital our ophthalmologists will be able to "see" everything in your eyes.
For those of you who wear contact lenses, you should know that there are some restrictions for wearing them before the examination. Since contact lenses change the shape of the cornea it may lead to incorrect calculations and poor results. So before the laser correction assessment examination you will be asked not to wear contact lenses, as follows:
- - soft contact lenses - one week before the examination;
- - rigid contact lenses - two weeks before the examination;
- - toric contact lenses - one week before the examination.
If, after the examination and discussions with the doctor you want to share your thoughts, opinions, questions, concerns, you can do it in a comfortable and friendly atmosphere.